Dr. Hughes is a board certified dermatopathologist that completed training at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, Texas. Prior to developing Pinnacle DermPath, Dr. Hughes was in practice with Dr. John Maize, Sr. and Dr. John Maize, Jr. in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Dr. Hughes at that time was also an associate professor in the department dermatology and dermatologic surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina and where he was actively involved in dermatology resident teaching of dermatopathology.
Dr. Hughes completed residency at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, Arkansas where he also attended medical school. Dr. Hughes is also a graduate of Harding University.
Outside of work Dr. Hughes enjoys spending time with his wife and college sweetheart and their two children. Dr. Hughes enjoys sports with enthusiasm for college football and movies.
- American Society of Dermatopathology
- International Society of Dermatopathology
- United States and Canada Academy of Pathology
- College of American Pathologists
- American Medical Association
- Tissue (Skin, Hair, Nail and Soft Tissue) Processing
- Slide Preparation
- Immunohistochemical and Special Stains
- Accurate and Clinically relevant dermatopathology reporting
- Clinicopathological correlation with on site dermatologist
- Consultation on difficult cases